Pet products with a conscience – think workability, not disability!
EVOLVE is a bespoke strengths-based work placement programme, tailored to the individual and aimed at supporting them to achieve their employment goals.
- Available to people who are disadvantaged in their search for work, eg long term unemployed, disability or other barrier such as parenting, criminal record, lack of work or life skills.
- Based at Norfolk Industries in Norwich (individuals will need to support their own travel arrangements).
- Aimed at motivated individuals who are keen to learn and want to become more employable as part of their effort to find work.
- Does not provide paid employment. It is a programme of work experience and development that aims to get people closer to employment over a period of 12 to 14 weeks.
- Real world work experience at Norfolk Industries.
- Work-based training in subjects that include Health & Safety, Fire Prevention and Quality Control.
- Employment Skills qualifications from our own accredited Gateway Assured Learning Programme.
What is EVOLVE like – how do I know if it’s for me?
- EVOLVE starts with a visit to us at Norfolk Industries for a chat.
- You’ll be able to try your hand at a variety of our production processes to see what works for you.
- We’ll find out more about the skills you’d like to develop and agree which units on our Gateway Accredited Learning Programme will suit you best.
- We’ll develop a Learning Agreement between us which documents the outcomes we’ll be working towards together.
How do I get onto EVOLVE?
- Access to the programme is through referral from social services or Norwich Job Centre and by direct application to ourselves.
- Contact us on 01603 667957 for more information or to apply for a place.
- A formal application process applies but can be supported if required.
Working here means I earn money and can pay my bills
I like to feel useful and feel that I have a purpose
If I didn’t have this job, I wouldn’t be able to do amateur dramatics which I enjoy
I like all of the people here and they all care for me.
I like coming into Norfolk Industries because I feel useful and part of the team.
I feel supported that my future will go ahead.
I’ve settled quicker here than in all the other work I’ve had. The people are very nice, they support each other and work as a team. I’ve gained confidence in the weeks I've been here. I feel like a piece of jigsaw that finally fits.
It's brilliant. I enjoy the work.
I’d love to come back. I enjoyed my time at Norfolk Industries and would really like to work there in a paid job.
I’ve felt comfortable, welcome and the atmosphere has been friendly. The people are easy to get along with. I’ve learnt quite a lot about working in an office environment.
My morning at Norfolk Industries was excellent! Fantastic! I packed pet bedding for hamsters and then had a coffee break in the canteen. The people were very friendly and I would like to help them out more if I could.
I enjoy the tasks, the open space and the people, they are really hard working, everyone knows what they are doing. I manage to cope gradually with my anxiety and I’m really enjoying it there.
Sign up for Product News
Keep up to date with the latest information about our products by joining our mailing list.
"*" indicates required fields